Monday, July 21, 2008

A Sweet Reunion

After two years of being home (my two year mark was the 12th of July), I had my first reunion with my mission president, President Geschwandtner, Saturday evening. This is especially rare, since he lives in Brazil. He has been released for about a year and came up to see his new granddaughter that lives here in the United States.

This man (along with his sweet wife) has been one of the biggest influences in my life. For two years he was a leader that cared about me and about the work I was doing. He gave me advice for missionary work and showed me by example how to live my life. The meeting we had on Saturday evening reminded me so much of the time spent in the mission field. As time goes on, I forget how amazing those two years are. I love life now too, but those two years hand you life's joys and trials in a concentrated dose. I hope I'll be able to come the next time he makes it back to the United States.

The picture is a little blurry. Hopefully he can send me a copy of the one he took with his camera.


Some of my buddies.

No comments: