Monday, October 20, 2008

Politics - a few thoughts

A few thoughts about politics as I start to fill out my ballot.

-It kind of stinks that Washington state is "guaranteed" to Obama so it makes me feel like my vote doesn't count much. I wish I lived in Florida, Virginia, or Ohio. Despite this I still think we should all take the time to vote. Even if you're from Utah.

-I'm not as scared of having Obama as the president as I am of having democratic majorities in the House, Senate, and the White House. We need those checks and balances.

-McCain didn't make the best choice with Sarah Palin. And it's not just cause I think Mitt Romney would have helped tremendously in this financial crisis. (Yes, he would have had some cons--his and McCain's battles during the primaries would have been used against them.) Sarah Palin helped unite the base, but at what cost?

-It's not over even though the left leaning media would have you believe that. But McCain definitely needs some boosts--especially in key states.

-Colin Powell, what are you thinking? You don't want two conservative judges in the Supreme Court? How did you go from conservative to liberal supporter?

-McCain was hilarious at the Al Smith dinner. I didn't know he could be so funny. Sure he had writers, but he delivered it very well. On the other hand, Obama had a few good lines but he came off to me as pretentious more than anything.

2 comments:

Dustin Jolley said...

I'm just glad that John McCain didn't pick Mike Huckabee as his running mate for obvious reasons. Lol.

Anonymous said...

It may seem that your vote won't count, but it will. And anyways, think about if you were from Ohio, like me, how much responsibility and pressure you would feel in your choice for President. At least I feel a big responsibility and lots of pressure....