Monday, April 13, 2009

My Oh My! Seattle Mariners

I will forever be a Seattle Mariners fan. I was there in '95 when they won an historic game that would send them past the Angels into the playoffs. I was there in '01 when they tied the record for 116 wins in a season. Some great players have passed through Seattle: Ken Griffey, Jr., Edgar Martinez, Randy Johnson, Alex Rodriguez, Jamie Moyer, Bret Boone, and of course, Ichiro. The last few seasons haven't been very exciting because the team has just struggled.

There's a glimmer of hope this season that is making me excited once again for my team. They're 5-2 so far this season and haven't had any home games. Ken Griffey, Jr. has returned. Even though he's not in his prime anymore, only Mariners fans know how much it means to have him back. Seattle is where he belongs. Despite horrendous rankings in pre-season polls (CBS sports ranked them dead last out of all MLB teams), they have started out really well. This is without Ichiro--he returns on Wednesday from the disabled list.

Let's go M's!

4 comments:

Jessica Morgan said...

LET'S GO ANGELS!

Jordan said...

Boo! Brad told me about the rivalry between you two. The only thing the Angels were good for was that movie, Angels in the Outfield.

Brad said...

The only reason that movie was good was because the Angels needed a miracle to be any good.

Go Mariners! Just looking at the photos of Ichiro and Griffey Jr. makes me proud to be a Mariner.

Bryan Tanner said...

SafeCo Field. There is no place like home.