Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Why Giving Matters

This article was probably the most memorable speech I have heard while at BYU (I've heard a lot!) I actually watched it again (on the BYU TV website) afterwards. I'm really glad BYU Magazine decided to publish it.

It talks about how giving makes us happier (and more successful) people. He doesn't talk about it from a religious perspective (he's not LDS, but he is Roman Catholic), but from a scientific perspective. He has seen data that shows that the more people give, the more they make and the happier they are. Not because they are making more, but because giving makes us happier.

I suggest everyone take a moment to read this and think about the importance of making giving a priority in our lives--not only of money, but time and talents.


No comments: