Sunday, June 28, 2009

Adventures in Palo Alto - Day One

My first day in Palo Alto (I officially live in East Palo Alto, generally a more run-down area, but my neighborhood is pretty nice and I will often just refer to it as Palo Alto) was great! I drove around a lot exploring. I stopped at this small, hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant, Taqueria El Jarocho. It was good, and they gave me the tacos to go on a plate, with foil over it, haha. My taco had cilantro, onions, and the meat, with carrots, lime, and a pepper on top of all three of them. The pork was the best.

After that I was looking for a grocery store. I saw this little market near my place and decided to go in since I couldn't find anything else. I was the only white person in the store (the rest were Mexicans). I don't know how they afford stuff there, it was pricey. So I left, but not before the cashier asked me if I needed anything (she thought I was lost). I went back home and found out where Safeway is. I swear it took 30 minutes to get there. It was more expensive than Provo, that's for sure. And I have nothing, so I had to buy a lot.

That evening I called the Bishop (I found his phone number online through the maps.lds.org) and found out there was a talent show. It was fun to meet some people. Two guys from my freshman ward, Anders Taylor and Anthony Hardy are in the ward too. Crazy. Anyway, here are some pictures of my awesome house.

My car is in front as proof that I actually live here.

My bedroom. The ceiling is like 11 feet high. There are three of us in there, but it's still spacious.

That's right! A baby grand piano! And it sounds good.

Who needs a dinner table when you've got a pool table!

And the best part, a trampoline!

6 comments:

Becky Hayes. said...

oh wow. this place looks way nice. big big improvement from M28.

Michael Barney said...

Yeah, that's an understatement Becky. You be livin' it up in Cali Jordan!!! It looks way nice--you're going to have a blast out there. Best of luck!

Unknown said...

that is so cool! I love the trampoline. Beter not have a rogue bounce or you'll end up in the neighbor's yard.

Unknown said...

I am officially jealous. I couldn't fit a baby grand in M26, otherwise I would.

Glenn said...

Where did our couch go?

Jordan said...

Scott moved out man!